We are pleased to announce the release of Elavon VirtualMerchant Converge version 1.9 for WHMCS. In this release, we have done the following:
* Implemented 3DSecure support (Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode)
* Rewritten all Elavon API calls to use their modern XML format
* Implemented validation of the Elavon details supplied under Setup > Payments > Payment Gateways when saving
The first change is by far the most important: 3DSecure support (Verified by Visa, MasterCard SecureCode). As most of us are selling our services online, we have to deal with the daily attempts at fraud. With 3DSecure, payments using Visa and MasterCard will now undergo additional verification by the issuing bank (if enrolled) that will help ensure that the transactions are legitimate and reduce your risk by shifting the liability of fraudulent transactions onto the issuing bank. Also, for Visa, they offer chargeback protection as well.
The second change was partly due to it being required for 3DSecure, but we also went ahead and updated the rest of the module to help future proof it. This is completely behind the scenes and won't affect normal usage in any way.
Finally, for the validation of the Elavon details: this is a function provided by newer versions of WHMCS and allows any gateway module developer to run custom logic to verify the details entered and prevent them from being saved if an error is detected. Our module current checks the following and reports appropriate errors:
1) When our licensing addon isn't enabled (which is required by the module)
2) When the licensing isn't valid
3) When the Elavon account details aren't valid
4) When trying to enable 3DSecure for a terminal that doesn't support it
For existing users: please feel free to download it from our client area and update your existing installation using the instructions in the included INSTALL.txt
For those of you who are wondering, the previous 1.8 version of our addon is also fully compatible with the WHMCS 7.8 release and requires no changes to work with it.
If you have any questions or require assistance, please don't hesitate to let us know!
Wednesday, October 23, 2019